image to switch between the original drawing and the finished panel
|Northcoast Power Company streetcars operated from 1910 until 1926. According to the archives of the Vancouver Columbian newspaper, the Orchards-Sifton route went along Vancouver's Main Street to 26th, then out and over Burnt Bridge Creek and past the city limits. At that point the trolley became more like a regular train as it followed a cut through the wilderness. The public's preference for motorcars in the 1920’s heralded the end of the trolley. Ironically, citizens in Vancouver are currently debating whether to fund an extension of Portland, Oregon's light-rail system into their city.
The top border has a Punjabi greeting and an old Vancouver Bus Company token.