The Fort Vancouver Tapestry
Click for detailed
drawings and stitchery of the individual panels.
The mission of the Fort Vancouver Tapestry Project is to promote historical, regional and artistic education through the creation and exhibition of legacy fiber arts in the Northwest. We focus our mission through community building in an environment dedicated to artistic growth and achievement.
The objective of the Fort Vancouver Tapestry Project is to maintain and expand the programs established with the making of the Fort Vancouver Tapestry. They are:
- Be an educational resource for our younger students
- Be a focal point of community pride in our history and remembrance of our accomplishments
- Be a beacon for visitors from around the world
- Be an inspiration and reminder to all that great community art is ‘at hand’ and that many hands make light loads
- Be a primary resource in the preservation of heritage craft
- Be a gathering place where physical dexterity, lively conversation and neighborly interaction create an atmosphere of belonging and a peer support system for everyone.
The Fort Vancouver Tapestry is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 1999.
Local foundations, grants, sponsorships, and the generous support of
our community of friends provide our funding.
Click here for the project narrative.