47. Telephone Building
Early telephone building
image to switch between the original drawing and the finished panel
||Marjorie & Jack English
in memory of Doris & Bob Thompson
|The city’s first Telephone Exchange building has a stylized brick and terra cotta façade reflecting the “modernistic” movement in American architecture in the 1930’s. The building was completed in 1934 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The original Bell logo over the front door is cast in terra cotta. The language in the top border is Hmong.